Stop Group make every effort to provide the best possible service or product to our customers. However, we might not always get it right. Should this happen, we want to know as soon as possible so that we can look to put it right.
1st Stop Group want to:-
HOW TO COMPLAIN
- Let you know how to complain
- Deal with your complaint as promptly as possible
- Give your complaint the attention it requires
- Ensure you are satisfied with the outcome
You can get in touch by contacting us using the following options:-
to access our online customer complaints form.
Please telephone us on 01253 601998 where our colleagues will put you through to someone who will listen to your concern and attempt to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
(Calls are charged at local rate but charges may apply if calling from a mobile)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by writing to us at Customer Complaints, 1st Stop Group, 10 Whitehills Business Park, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 5LW.
HOW WE WILL HANDLE YOUR COMPLAINT
- We will do all we can to resolve your complaint as soon as possible (on the same day if we can);
- If we are not in a position to resolve your complaint within 5 working days we will send you our acknowledgement and let you know who is handling your complaint
- We will also provide an update to you at 4 weeks if the investigation is on-going
- We may call you for further details to help us with our investigations
- Our regulator, The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) allows 8 weeks for us to resolve complaints but we will aim to get your complaint resolved as soon as possible
- As soon as your complaint has been investigated, we will issue our ‘final response’ which will provide our findings and decision.
So we can investigate your complaint thoroughly please include:
AUTHORISED 3rd PARTY
- Your contact details and agreement number (if known)
- A summary of your complaint
- Names and dates of the people you’ve spoken to
- How you would like us to make things right
If you ask us to and provide us with appropriate authorisation
, we will speak to and deal directly with someone on your behalf about your complaint, e.g. member of your family, friend, a debt collection organisation etc.
WHAT YOU CAN DO IF WE CAN’T REACH AN ACCEPTABLE OUTCOME
Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is an independent organization, which helps to resolve complaints that customers and financial organizations haven’t been able to resolve themselves.
If we’ve been unable to resolve your complaint within eight weeks, or you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer the matter to them. We will send you full details of your referral rights in our final response and 8 week update letter. You can contact FOS by writing to:-
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 023 4567
Further details can be found by visiting their website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
European Online Dispute Resolution
The European Commission launched the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Platform which is an alternative method of accessing the Financial Ombudsman Service. This option is available, but only for customers who applied for goods and services online from 15 February 2016 and are resident in the European Union. Although you are free to use this platform which will ultimately re-direct your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, you may prefer to contact us or the Financial Ombudsman Service directly in the first instance about your complaint using the contact details noted above
If required, you can access the alternative service at http://ec.europa.eu/odr
(and you will need to quote our email address: email@example.com
Finance Leasing Association
Stop Group is also a member of the Finance Leasing Association (FLA), the leading trade body for the consumer and car finance sectors in the UK. We also subscribe to their Code of Practice.
If you believe we have breached this code of any point, provided you have given us an opportunity to respond to your complaint first, you may also refer your concerns to them. You will not be entitled to refer a complaint to the FLA if your complaint has been decided by FOS or the courts or we have not exhausted our own complaint handling processes. You can contact them by writing to:-
The Finance Leasing Association
Business Finance Code Enquiries
15 – 19 Kingsway
Tel: 020 7836 6511
Further details can be found by visiting their website at www.fla.org.uk